Jease is easy to install, use and extend, being built on some of the best Java open-source tools around (Lucene, ZK, db40, Perst, etc.).
Here are some key features of "Jease":
Jease content types:
· Access: Allows to protect contents with login/password, works similiar as a .htaccess in Apache. You can specify a start/stop date which controls the timeframe when the Access object will guarding contents.
· Composite: A folder which renders all of its contents as a single page. Per default a composite is a good starting point to build image galleries, download folders, blogs or to group any related content (text and images).
· Discussion: Allows to add a threaded discussion / comment feature to your site.
· Document: Allows to index various binary document formats like PDF, Word, Excel, OpenOffice, ... for full text search and plain text preview.
· Factory: Allows to store content-prototypes with additional properties which are used for synchronizing properties for contents guarded by the Factory. For administrators only.
· File: Stores all kinds of binary content (.exe, .zip, ...) as blobs in the file-system.
· Folder: Use it to organize your content-objects in directories.
· Gallery: A container which stores images and renders them as image gallery. Visible images will be shown as thumbnails whereas non-visible images will be included in an overlay lightbox gallery.
· Image: Works similar as File, but allows only Images (.jpg, .gif, .png, ...) as content-types.
· Item: A simple base type for creating dynamic content types with additional properties (e.g. via a Factory or forms).
· Link: Stores an url to another website.
· Media: Similiar to Image or File, but stores a binary media object (image, video) and renders it with appropriate html-tags as a page.
· News: An annoucement with (optional) teaser, main story and publication date.
· Reference: A symbolic link which can be used to "mirror" content at a different place.
· Script: Allows to create dynamic content. Per default it uses JSPs as template engine, but it's easy to plugin other template engines. For administrators only.
· Text: Stores html or plain text.
· Topic: Use it to create sub-headlines in the navigation.
· Transit: Allows to edit a file in the file-system of the server directly through the web. E.g. you can use it to edit JSPs online. For administrators only.
· Trash: Not real content, but a container which works as trashcan and collects deleted objects. You can use several trashbins in your site.
· Wiki: Allows to use Wiki-Markup to create content. Per default it uses the markup of Mediawiki, other markups are available (Confluence, Textile, Tracwiki, TWiki).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· User-friendly ID conversion
· Developer-friendly configuration
· Smart(er) discussions