It is an app for managing hierarchical pages of content in multiple languages, on different sites.
Django CMS handles the navigation rendering for the user in multiple languages with internationalization (i18n) slugs.
The navigation can be extended by custom methods set by the developer.
Pages are rendered with a template that has placeholders which get filled via plugins.
Here are some key features of "Django CMS":
· Django powered
· Easy to learn and use
· Prepared for the future
· High performance architecture
· Flexible Plugin Architecture
· SEO Optimization
· Editorial workflow
· Permission Management
· Applications (Apps)
· Media Asset Manager (MAM)
Plugins for managing:
· Google Map
· HTML Snippet
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a bug with view permissions in the menus
· Added a LanguageMiddleware to save current language in a cookie
· Added checks for plugins with m2m so they define a copy_relations() function when you run manage.py cms check
· Added a CMS_RAW_ID_USERS setting, to speed up admin if you have more then 500 users.