As the author describes it, this is a CDS, a content delivery system.
Because normal CMSs are made of an administration interface and a content delivery core, as the backend tools advance, the delivery system must grow as well.
Content Courier is a modest attempt to provide a flexible programmatic framework for delivering web sites.
The source files included in this project are two things. The first is the base Content Courier system, which will allow you to build and deploy your own web site. The second is a simple deployment that uses the host file system as a content store.
Place the source into a public apache folder (with both mod_rewrite and AllowOverride/.htaccess) and browse the site for full documentation.
Here are some key features of "Content Courier":
· Modern, object oriented PHP
· Doesn't require the end-user to completely understand OOP concepts
· Allows pages to maintain design continuity over the life of a site
· Require mod_rewrite to discourage query-string based web sites, but don't outlaw query strings
· Framework for delivering web sites, not web applications
· Page URIs have their own distinct entities, not tied to the host file system
· Provide a method for content to be pulled from multiple systems within a single site
· Provide a mechanism to perform transformations on content prior to delivery
· Allow end-user to easily implement their own caching mechanism
· Stays neutral in the HTML/XHTML/HTML5 wars