Calipso was developed to use modules for adding new features and functionality.
For the backend and data storage, Calipso uses MongoDB.
Here are some key features of "Calipso":
· Integrated scheduler and feeds module in core, allowing you to pull content from any source.
· Scheduler can call functions exposed by any module, giving fantastic flexibility
· Scheduler uses the node-cron library, so is easy to configure jobs
· Any module can expose restful endpoints, so easy to build your own API.
· The first level of themeing allows any module to render content (unstyled) as blocks, that can then be included by a theme in any section.
· The second then exposes helper functions in views that allow you to asynchronously grab other content to build your pages.
· Finally, simple CMS functions allow you to quickly edit what you need to.
· Built from the ground up on NodeJS, it is very quick.
· Leveraging MongoDB for the back end, making use of Map Reduce functions for tag cloud and menu generation (so massively scalable!)
· No caching implemented yet, but the basic CMS can take ~180 hits / second on this home page on a standard PC
· Node.js 0.4.2 or higher