Calimero.CMS is a Content Management System which is used to publish websites. There are several uses today, including this one.
It is realised in PHP and needs a data base (usually MySql) to store the content. The System is build modularly using PEAR, hence new components can be added easily.
The output of the content is based on templates (Smarty), which means that it is easy to customise the existing design to the individual needs of the owner of a website.
The websites may contain:
- articles (free text editable by TinyMCE, a wysiwyg-editor).
- RDF/RSS news-feeds,
- and free PHP-code.
Other features are:
- Integrated usermanagement-system with usergroups and fine-grained rights-management.
- Eady creation of newsletters with high-performance pre-caching of mails and background transmission of the mails. Hence also big masses of mails can be shipped.
- Multi-language web-sites.
- All elements can be attached with expiry- and activation-dates.
- All elements can be access-protected. By means of the user-management one can create access-controlled areas for different user-groups.
- Automatic generation of thumbnails from Jpeg-, Png- and Gif-pictures for galeries. In the central media-archive, one can additionally shrink or enlarge the pictures.
- Automatic generation of newslists over all or just parts of the web-site. Furthermore you can export the news-list as a rss-feed to be integrated into other web-pages or news-readers.
- Automatic generation of navigation-elements like vertical- or popup-menus or sitemaps.
- Form-editor for easy creation of web-forms. Be means of a simple scripting language forms can be created on the scratch..
- Creation of votings.
- Webdav-access to the media-archiv for easy up- and downloading of files and administrate the internal directory-structure.
- Wysiwyg-editor for the creation and manipulation of articles with easy establishing cross-references and insertion of files and pictures from the media-archiv.
- Exchangable skins