Bonfire is not a CMS or framework like CodeIgniter, but a tool to deploy and customize a CodeIgniter installation.
All done using a nicely crafted UI, instead of the clunky way of editing the raw source code.
Here are some key features of "Bonfire":
- Install script
- Admin dashboard
- Modular code base
- Twitter Bootstrap powered interface
- Database management tools
- Log viewer
- Module creator
- Themeing engine
- User groups and user permissions
- Built-in authentication
- Email queuing tool
- Extend via add-ons
- Built around HMVC
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Mobile friendly
- Enhanced debugging tools
- New Bootstrap 2.x based theme in the admin area
- Passwords secured with phppass now for better security
- Site restructuring for even better security for web apps.
- Much more flexible and powerful MY_Model, adding Observer methods for easier customization, and moving data validation to the Model, where it belongs.
- Splitting of the MY_Controller into Base_Controller, Front_Controller and Admin_Controller that area autoloaded, leaving MY_Controller alone for you to customize for your site.
- Simpler, cleaner, front-end theme based on Bootstrap 2