Built on PHP and MySQL, BigTree CMS is for creating websites via a nice, simple, intuitive GUI.
It allows non-technical users to install a website, while also keeping technical users happy with lots of customizable options and fin-tuning controls.
Here are some key features of "BigTree CMS":
· Easy installation wizard
· Password-protect backend
· Extendable via modules
· WYSIWYG editing
· Advanced SEO settings
· Template-driven layout engine
· Blogging engine included
· Site integrity reporting tool
· Site statistics
· 404 error reporting
· Internal messaging system
· Admins can review changes
· Caching engine
· Assets minification tool
· Preview content before publishing
· User pemissions system
· Easy image management
· Page versioning
· Scheduled publishing
· Menu management
· RSS syndication
· Support for cloud storage environments
· Support for Retina images
· Integrated with Twitter, and many more
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 404 Report now has paging and delete functionality.
· Foreign key constraints to tables.
· Module Views now pass their state information to forms so that when you return from the form you are where you left off.
· Site Integrity Check now also checks module content.
· More icons to choose from for module actions.
· SQL queries are now logged to $bigtree["sql"]["queries"] when debug mode is on.
· Support for module actions that contain /s in them so they can pretend to be in a subdirectory of custom modules.
· Module Actions add/edit can now specify a form / view.
· Placeholder image functionality.
· The ability to package instructions and post-install PHP code when importing a package.
· Can now turn on/off tagging in modules and pages.
· Delete All function for 404s without redirects entered.
· Page titles should now reflect better where you are in the admin.
· New, prettier email templates for daily digest / forgot password.
· Searching in a grouped view now includes items in a group where the group name matches your query.
· $bigtree["page"]["link"] now contains the equivalent of $cms->getLink($bigtree["page"]["id"]);
· Default configuration variables to show a Development Area flag with a link to the website.
· Default configuration variables to preload the admin with JS and CSS ($bigtree["config"]["admin_css"] and $bigtree["config"]["admin_js"] arrays)
· Consolidated a lot of images into a single sprite for faster loading of the admin.
· New glyph-based icon set and 2x image set for retina-capable displays.
· Google Analytics was completely revamped since RC1's authentication feeds were deprecated.
· Newer versions of TinyMCE and related plugins.
· The example site is updated to support "callouts" on the homepage for extensibility and also has had its code cleaned up.
· LESS compiler to support @import
· Credits page to be more comprehensive - linked it up in the footer.
· Example site blog now supports previewing.
· Adding a Geocoding or Many to Many to a form now automatically brings up the settings dialog.
· BigTreeAutoModule's getViewForTable should be static.
· "route" being limited to 30 characters in bigtree_pages.
· View Columns should no longer break if they were styled and a Preview button was added.
· Parameters for BigTreeCMS's getBreadcrumb function were wrong.
· BigTree admin's login page should now load resources over HTTPS if force_secure_login is set in the config.
· Documentation bugs
· File Extensions not being set in the database correctly for things uploaded to the File Manager.
· Issue with hidden resources in Callouts.
· Users section should now have sortable columns and paging should now work properly.
· Permission issue with drag and drop.