A lightweight workflow and Business Process Management (BPM) platform
Activiti was designed to run in the cloud, Java application, on a server or on a cluster.
It integrates perfectly with Spring, it is extremely lightweight and based on simple concepts.
Proper documentation to get the user going is provided with the download package.
- Allows user updates to be combined with process updates in a single transaction
- Runs on any Java environment like Spring, JTA, standalone with any form of transaction demarcation.
- Easy to get up and running with the setup utility
- Built to support the cloud scalability from the ground up
- Very simple to add new custom activity types and complete dedicated process languages
- Extremely fast
- Transactional timers
- Asynchronous continuations
- Hidden event listeners for decoupling software technical details from business level diagram
- Ability to test process executions in isolation in a plain unit test
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- The user guide has been revamped with a rewrite to AsciiDoc
- It's now possible to start a process instance a skip tasks based on a skipExpression. This is very handy when you are migrating process instances to the Activiti Engine (thanks to Robert Hafner for the pull request).
- We added a new module named activiti-jmx to the Activiti project, which enables JMX for the Activiti Engine. Read Saeids blog for more details.
- Variable fetching has been optimized for process instances and executions in general.