It is written in PHP and provides webmail access to IMAP and POP3 accounts.
Here are some key features of "IMP Webmail Client":
· Spell checking
· Mail filtering (must install ingo module)
· Message searching
· Many Mime viewers (over ?)
· Encrypting, signing, decrypting and verifying of signed and encrypted messages (PGP/GPG and S/MIME)
· robust/comprehensive/easy-to-use UI
· Full charset support in folders, mailbox, message and compose views
· Mail folders in the left menu
· Preview of attachments in compose view
· Send attachments as links
· Option to not save attachments with sent mail
· Navigation through message and mailbox views with arrow keys
· View all messages of a thread
· HTML message composition with a cross-browser WYSIWIG editor
· Fetching mails from other email accounts to view with IMP
· Message previews in mailbox view
· Management of shared IMAP folders
· Priority settings for composed messages
· User management for supported IMAP servers
· Integrated quota support
· Support for mailing list headers
· Ability to forward multiple messages at once
· Downloading of all attachments from a message as a single ZIP file
· Stripping individual attachments from messages
· Alias and "tied to" addresses in user identities
· Graphical emoticons and country flags in message view
· IMAP mailbox subscription support
· Available in many languages
· PHP 4.3.0 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Much improved folder listing library that reduces the time needed to create the tree and should better handle servers with unconventional namespaces.
· Added ability to search by size and improved search page UI.
· Added mailto: handler for Firefox 3+.
· Improved autocomplete address performance and reliablity.
· Improved address book popup interface.
· Improved caching and storage optimizations.
· Improved handling of views when the selected view is not the browser's default.
· Added CSRF tokens to the Compose screen.
· If using imagemagick, allow creation of PDF thumbnails.
· Fixed spellcheck in HTML mode when using Xinha on IE and when using fckeditor on Safari 3.
· Fixed logging of forwarded messages.
· Multiple quota driver bugfixes and improvements.
· Handle ';' to delimit addresses when composing.
· Added Basque translation.
· A large amount of bugfixes and performance/stability improvements.