Adding SMS and Pager capabilities to an application is not a simple matter. It requires specialized knowledge that might be outside an individual programmer's expertise. Today, Windows developers rely upon the power, flexibility and reliability of the SMS and Pager Toolkit by ActiveXperts Software.
SMS and Pager Toolkit is an ActiveX/COM component, and provides SMS and Pager messaging functionality.
With this Toolkit, you can send and receive SMS messages via a:
- GSM modem;
- GSM phone;
- SMPP compliant SMSC provider;
- Hayes compatible modem.
With this Toolkit, you can also send pager messages via a:
- Hayes compatible modem (only numeric paging);
- SNPP Provider (alpha-numeric paging).
SMS and Pager Toolkit features the following:
- Send alphanumeric text SMS messages;
- Send numeric Pager messages;
- Send multimedia SMS messages, including ringtones, pictures and logo's;
- Send new voicemail/e-mail/fax indications;
- Verify delivery of outgoing SMS message;
- Send WAP Push messages and WAP Bookmarks;
- Receive SMS messages;
- Support for Unicode, to support foreign languages like Chinese, Turkisch, etc.;
- Support for multi-part messages, to allow messages longer than 160 characters;
- Support for GSM modems and GSM phones to send and receive SMS messages;
- Support for SMPP (Short Message Peer to Peer) providers for large message volumes;
- Support TAP/XIO and UCP dial-in SMSC providers;
- Support Windows 'Phone and Modem devices' and direct COM ports;
- Send numeric Pager messages through DTMF;
- Send alpha-numeric Pager messages through SNPP;
- Support Multi-threading environments. The component is thread-safe, which means it can be used in a multi-threaded environment;
- Troubleshooting facilities by tracing all modem commands and responses;
- Samples included for various development platforms: Visual Basic, Visual Basic .NET, Visual C , Visual C# .NET, ASP, ASP .NET, Delphi and more.