The application is compatible with both PHP4 and PHP5 and has support for several database systems, including MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite.
Create an empty database.
Unzip the files from the ZIP archive in an empty directory retaining the directory structure.
Open config.php with a text editor and set the following variables: $db_user, $db_pass and $db_name.
Upload the whole directory (and all files/subdirectories in it) to the webserver via an FTP program.
Load install.php in your web browser: http://yoursite.com/blab_lite/install.php and follow the instructions.
Remove install.php and enter the chat.
Here are some key features of "BlaB! Lite":
· High performance, extremely low bandwidth required
· Supports 99.8% of the available browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5+, Opera 8.5+, Mozilla / Firefox and Konqueror / Safari
· NO FLASH & NO JAVA: no additional plugins / server modules required
· XHTML 1.0 STRICT and CSS2 compliant
· PHP4/PHP5 compatible. Supports: safe mode, error_reporting(8), register_globals=off)
· 'http' links, emoticons, text formatting
· Bad words removal
· Custom timezone settings
· Sound notification on new messages
· UTF-8 based multilanguage support.
· The interface is translated in: English, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Deutsch, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish