It then can later be included in other PHP-based applications.
WebCalendar can be setup in a variety of ways, such as:
A schedule management system for a single person
A schedule management system for a group of people, allowing one or more assistants to manage the calendar of another user
An events schedule that anyone can view, allowing visitors to submit new events
A calendar server that can be viewed with iCal-compliant calendar applications like Mozilla Sunbird,
Apple iCal or GNOME Evolution or RSS-enabled applications like Firefox, Thunderbird, RSSOwl, or FeedDemon, or BlogExpress.
Here are some key features of "WebCalendar":
· XHTML/CSS compliance
· Multi-user support
· 30 supported languages: Basque, Bulgarian, Chinese-Big5, Chinese-GB2312, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English-US, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Holo-Big5, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese_BR, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Welsh
· Auto-detect user's language preference from browser settings
· View calendars by day, week, month or year
· View another user's calendar
· View one or more users' calendar via layers on top of your own calendar
· Add/Edit/Delete users
· Add/Edit/Delete events
· Repeating events including support for overriding or deleting (exceptions)
· Configurable custom event fields
· User-configurable preferences for colors, 12/24 time format, Sun/Mon week start
· Online help
· Checks for scheduling conflicts
· Email reminders for upcoming events
· Email notifications for new/updated/deleted events
· Export events to iCal, vCal or Palm
· Import from iCal, vCal or Palm
· Optional general access (no login required) to allow calendar to be viewed by people without a login (useful for event calendars)
· Users can make their calendar available publicly to anyone with an iCal-compliant calendar program (such as Apple's iCal, Mozilla Calendar or Sunbird)
· Publishing of free/busy schedules (part of the iCal standard)
· RSS support that puts a user's calendar into RSS (WebCalendar 1.1 )
· User authentication: Web-based, HTTP, LDAP or NIS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed for "undefined function require_valide" bug.
· Other minor bug fixes.
· Updated Greek translation.