This makes it much easier for JS developers to parse dates distributed online, without needing to adapt or convert them into other formats, natively supported by the old JS Date format.
Here are some key features of "rfc3339date.js":
Supported Date Formats:
· The default UTC representation: 2010-07-20T15:00:00Z
· Dates with timezone offset are handled correctly: 2010-07-20T15:00:00+08:00
· Without timezone, local time is assumed: 2010-07-20T15:00:00
· Minutes and seconds are optional: 2010-07-20T15Z
· Fractional seconds supported: 2010-07-20T15:00:00.559Z
· Alternate fractional seconds separator as allowed by ISO 8601: 2010-07-20T15:00:00,559Z
· Separators are optional: 20100720T150000Z
· Not case-sensitive: 2010-07-20t15:00:00z
· Some ISO 8601 features are not yet supported in full (durations,, time intervals, repeating intervals, and some few).