Open Journal Systems (OJS) assists with every stage of the refereed publishing process, from submissions through to online publication and indexing.
OJS's main area of interest is to develop and enhance the way research journals are managed and published.
Here are some key features of "Open Journal Systems":
- OJS is installed locally and locally controlled.
- Editors configure requirements, sections, review process, etc.
- Online submission and management of all content.
- Subscription module with delayed open access options.
- Comprehensive indexing of content part of global system.
- Reading Tools for content, based on field and editors' choice.
- Email notification and commenting ability for readers.
- Complete context-sensitive online Help support.
- PHP 5 or higher
- MySQL 3.23.23+ or PostgreSQL 7.1+
- Apache 1.3.2x or Microsoft IIS 6+
- New translations (including Indonesian and Malayalam), and improvements to existing translations;
- New PDF view plugins;
- Lucene search functionality;
- Improved journal and site browsing options;
- Improved Public Identifier (URN, CrossRef) support;
- Finer-grained article view statistics;