Byteflow is a blog engine, written on Python, using Django.
- Markdown & typogrify for posts and comments
- Threaded comments
- Directory pings
- Automated registration for user after comment posting (no anonymous users!)
- Registration approval/email change/profile edit
- Tags (and filtering posts by tag), possibility to have translated names for tags
- Display and feeds for intersection of tags (separated by ) or for union of tags (separated by '|')
- Archives by day, month, year
- Atom and RSS Feeds for posts, comments, comments for specified post, posts within specified tag.
- OpenID client. Supports multiple OpenID urls attached to single user
- OpenID server.
- Wordpress importer
- Gravatar support
- Optional WYSIWYG editor in admin part (for posts, not for comments)
- LiveJournal crossposting
- XFN support (for links in blogroll)
· Python >=2.4
· Django trunk (even with autoescaping)
· python-openid 2.x (1.x is not supported)
· BeautifulSoup 3.0.4
· ElementTree, if you are using python < 2.5
· Python Imaging Library