It supports automatic uploads, or queuing files and executing them on demand.
Here are some key features of "jQuery File Upload":
· Multiple file upload - Allows to select multiple files at once and upload them simultaneously.
· Drag & Drop support - Allows to upload files by dragging them from your desktop or filemanager and dropping them on your browser window.
· Upload progress bar - Shows a progress bar indicating the upload progress for individual files.
· Cancelable uploads - Individual file uploads can be canceled to stop the upload progress.
· Graceful fallback for legacy browsers - Uploads files via XMLHttpRequests if supported and uses iframes as fallback for legacy browsers.
· Cross-site file uploads - Supports uploading files to a different domain with Cross-site XMLHttpRequests.
· Multiple plugin instances - Allows to use multiple plugin instances on the same webpage.
· Customizable and extensible - Provides an API to set individual options and define callBack methods for various upload events.
· Multipart and file contents stream uploads - Files can be uploaded as standard "multipart/form-data" or file contents stream (HTTP PUT file upload).
· Compatible with any server-side application platform - Works with Google App Engine (Python, Java), Ruby on Rails, PHP and any other platform that supports HTTP file uploads.
· jQuery 1.4 or higher
· jQuery UI 1.8 or higher